Uncertainty in Business



Usually I travel to the marine storage terminals of our customers worldwide. Before the Corona outbreak I averaged about ten on-location trainings per year. My current travel has been reduced to once or twice a year. As a matter of fact I just returned from Walvis Bay, Namibia where I updated two terminals by implementing the latest ISGOTT (sixth edition, 2020). It was not easy to organise on-site courses because of the unpredictability factor of politicised politicians who perhaps listen to their health advisors, but not to us, business people or entrepreneurs. 
For example: I was invited to fly to Namibia, so I had to buy a ticket, apply for a visa, book a hotel, make an appointment to be PCR tested within 72 hours of departure. All this without any certainty that this assignment could be executed until the very last minute, only if I tested negative. This means that thousands of euros were spent without knowing that this money could be made back from this deal. 
This uncertainty is highly distressing business potential and performance, because there are no guarantees to be able to go there and neither to be able to go home after the job is done. You are only allowed to fly if you are vaccinated, tested negative or prove you recovered from Covid 19. 
Mathematics and physics talk about the Uncertainty Principle, which I’d like to use as a metaphor to describe our current business environment. Imagine you have a client who’d like to store oil in your tanks, but he won’t be able to confirm the availability of the oil until a government official approves it. Another example: my doctor checks my health regularly, but I can’t travel, because now my health must be proven by a flawed PCR test, so I can’t promise my client that I can be there when he needs me. 
This uncertainty and dependence on politicians and those who benefit of their decisions is called collectivism, which is usually a predecessor for a totalitarian system. When you read the book The Great Reset by World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab, you’ll see that this reset is not designed as a positive interdependent social system (benefitting everyone) but as a negative interdependent system (benefiting a few, but at the costs of…..).
Although the book highlights numerous global risks such as climate change, biodiversity loss, ecological devastation, drinking water pollution and so on, they originated from the WEF Global Risks Reports, which I have been researching for the last decade. These environmental and human crises have not been mitigated prior to the Covid 19 outbreak, but were fundamentally caused by those who support the World Economic Forum. Did the WEF suddenly, because of the Covid situation, grow a consciousness to create a better world? Ask yourself this question, based on research. 

My company is not the only one that is struggling to stay afloat in a business atmosphere I can no longer understand.

This is the latest in a series of articles by Arend van Campen, founder of TankTerminalTraining. More information on the company’s activities can be found at www.tankterminaltraining.com. Those interested in responding personally can contact him directly at arendvc@tankterminaltraining.com.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tank Terminals Sustainability: can information theory help us reach our goals?

Is information the primary substance in the Universe?

BBS; Behaviour Based Safety Course